The Elysian Pre-amplifier
The Elysian Pre-amplifier (EPre) is a reference standard balanced pre-amplifier designed to produce the highest audio playback quality possible.
The EPre is machined from a single piece of extremely high grade aluminium, incorporating a dual monaural pre-amplifier with dedicated transformers and power supplies for the left channel, right channel and digital sections.
The EPre is a true reference design which has met our aim to produce an outstanding sounding, unsurpassed pre-amplifier with a remote controllable relay switched volume control and both single ended and balanced inputs and outputs.
The EPre houses six (three per channel) separate zero feedback, class A operating (with zero switching distortion), DC coupled amplifier modules. This unique topology allows selection of the correct amplifier module and allows the EPre to configure the most direct and purest signal path possible for any input / output configuration.
The CAAS EPre has been designed to produce the highest audio quality possible. This has been achieved through the following CAAS Audio proprietary technologies.
- World first "Rwave" - Ultra wide bandwidth circuit topology utilising microwave circuit design, layout and stability techniques providing superior signal path fidelity. Read More...
- World first "Fastpower" - 12 bespoke, discrete analogue regulated power supplies and 7 digital regulated power supplies. Read More...
- World first "CSD" - Parallel, ultra linear, true ZERO feedback, JFET Class A buffer stage with "NIDS" integrated DC servo topology for unprecedented distortion reduction. Read More...
- State of the art "SAM" - Switched Amplifier Modules for the most direct and purest signal path possible. Read More...
- State of the art "SRVC" - Parallel 128 step, relay switched, fixed resistor volume control. Read More...
- State of the art - DC coupled from input to output (NO capacitors in the signal path).
- State of the art - Triple transformer supplies for near perfect circuit isolation.
- 3 balanced XLR inputs and 2 RCA inputs per channel.
- Single chassis, dual mono construction.
- 3 dedicated transformers for left channel, right channel and digital sections.
- Parallel, ultra linear, ZERO feedback, JFET Class A buffer stages.
- Switched amplifier module technology for the most direct and purest signal path possible.
- DC Coupled from input to output.
- Firmware controlled relays and circuitry.
- A 128 step, relay switched, fixed precision resistor volume control.
- Remote control volume, input select and mute function.
- 19 regulated power supplies including 12 dedicated discrete regulated supplies.
- Available in All Silver or All Black.
- 350mm (W), 330mm (D), 80mm (H), 8.6kg.